Friday, April 11, 2008

Linda and Kris Read from Much Ado about Nothing

After quite some time, our video has made a premiere on "Much Ado About Nothing and Everything Else Shakespearean!" Linda and I have been working with the reading for quite some time but the actual "acting" came in a few days before this video was shot.

The scene that we are going over in the video from Much Ado About Nothing takes place at the end of Act 4, Scene 1. I know I'll be going over that part in the video so I won't repeat too much with the introduction of the video itself.

I would really like to compliment Linda for her part in the video, delivering the lines with genuine authenticity as Beatrice would react to Benedick's truth of loving her.

As for me, I felt I was pretty much a "nerdy" Benedick. But then again, Benedick had never encountered a strong willed and sharp tongued lady like Beatrice so reluctance on my part in saying some lines hopefully had some punch for the humor's sake. Even when things were doom ridden towards the end of Much Ado About Nothing, Shakespeare appeared to keep the tone light. But the tone wholly depends on how the director and actors manage it.

In the end, I am proud to have this video presented on the blog. Can't wait to see what other people were scheming with their performances!

- Kristopher

2 comments:

AllisonR said...

Kris & Linda

Great job with your reading-I enjoyed it very much!

Allison

April and Nate said...

Your reading was very nice. Both of you really got into the part. Great job!